3M Littmann Lightweight Classic II S.E. Stethoscope
- Lightest weight of all Littmann adult stethoscopes at just 118 grams.
- Dual-sided chestpiece provides versatility of both a tunable diaphragm and open bell.
- Teardrop-shaped chestpiece for easier positioning under blood pressure cuffs and around bandages.
- Tunable diaphragm: Hear high or low frequency sounds by slightly adjusting pressure on the chestpiece.
- Soft-sealing eartips provide an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
3M Littmann Lightweight Classic II S.E. Details
The 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope provides reliable acoustic performance for taking blood pressure readings and making limited physical assessments of adult patients. Weighing just 118 grams, it’s the lightest of all Littmann adult stethoscopes, making it more comfortable for caregivers who wear their stethoscopes all day long.
The Lightweight II S.E. stethoscope is an entry-level instrument that offers a surprising number of beyond-the-basics features such as a tunable diaphragm, dual-sided chestpiece, and adjustable headset. It’s a good choice for medical professionals such as LPNs, licensed vocational nurses, certified nursing assistants, and nursing students.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill diaphragm and rim provide patient comfort.
Resilient tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Lightweight II S.E. stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large soft-sealing eartips and instructions.
3M Littmann Lightweight Classic II S.E. Highlights
- 28" overall length.
- Unique chestpiece shape designed for better orientation around blood-pressure cuffs and body contours.
- Patented 3M Littmann Snap Tight Soft-Sealing Eartips provide an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
- Tunable diaphragm allows the user to conveniently alternate between low- and high-frequency sounds without turning over the chestpiece.
- Combination bell/diaphragm chestpiece provides clear, reliable acoustic performance and easy low- and high-frequency monitoring.
- Lightweight design for easy portability.
- Anatomically angled headset ensures proper fit.
- Patient-friendly, nonchill rim.
- Single-lumen tubing available in six colors.
- Latex free.
- Two-year warranty.
- Made in the U.S.A.